As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Wasted Saturday

The plan was to get up early, go out for some breakfast, and get things done. Sounds good (in theory of course). Did it happen? Of course not!

First you all know getting up early and me ... it's like water and oil. But throw breakfast in there and we mix a LITTLE better. But Bart took it on himself to decide sleeping in was a better idea. So that's what we did ... slept. I got up sometime in the late afternoon and of course was mad because I wanted to go with the plan (for once). Bart thought I could use the sleep (aka, he wanted to sleep, and he did). So, I get dressed ... ready for the day, and was just going to do what I needed to do on my own. Of course that's when he decided he was going to come with. So I have to wait for him to get up, get showered, dressed ... old man pace.

Finally we're on our way ... and the questions start, where are we going, why are we going here, who's open house is this, etc. Keep in mind ... all this had been told to him at least once, I contribute it all to man hearing. So we get to Smithsburg and look at the properties .... all very nice! My brother in law bought some old houses and remodeled them, and did a wonderful job! They were having an open house, because they're having trouble leasing them. The end unit is a very pretty house (once you over look the not so nice looking neighboring houses) that he refinished for an office. He so should have refinished it for a house because that he could rent or even sell. But not the best place for an office, even though Bart wants to move his guys there. (Which would be fine for them)
Then there's the stone house which I just love ... it's gorgeous! This is where he has his office now (which my sister and I think he needs to move it down the road ... but who are we?). This is the smallest of the 3. And then there's the other property which is HUGE and I want it! Well, not all of it, just most of it! I'll take it or the stone house. So perfect for a cute Scrapbook store, a great area for crops and classes. I'm all over it. Bart doesn't think it's the best area, especially with the big one in Hagerstown. Not to mention ... rent, can't swing that! I told Brenda she needs to open a little coffee shop next door (in the same building) and we could call it Scrap a Latte ... personally, I think it's a great plan. Just talking her into it is the problem. She wants to open a country craft store. So who knows what will happen. I'm thinking if they don't rent ... they'll let me give it a shot just to get some money .... maybe?
By the time we leave there .. the days shot. It's around 6, my neck is killing me ..... I just wanted to get some muscle relaxers and a heating pad and crawl into something comfy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawnree said...

Just popping in to say I lovethe Scrap-alatte idea! totally cute name. Shh don't tell Bart he'll think I am encouraging you.

8:24 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

Hey Tune!

Don't worry, I won't tell him! :)

4:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home