As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Don't even go there!

One thing I do, is take my work seriously .... especially when it comes to the kids and babies. There's no messing around with them! I don't care if it's past time for there treatment and "per protocol" I can't give it ... I do, you don't mess with kids .. PERIOD! (Adults, that's another story ... if it's past time, it's past time.)

I just worked a big four hours and it felt like 18. I was busy as hell that four hours! And could anyone help me, of course not! (Christi did come when she got finished and helped me set up a tent for a baby) But everyone else was busy too or didn't answer there phone. (Those phones are dumb, they don't work EVERYWHERE) And to top that off when Christi went down to get the tent set up, Theresa (supervisor), Beth, and Lynda were all sitting in the break room eating!!!!!!! Nice to know I'm up there busting my butt giving sick kids treatments and setting up tent after tent, those three can sit and have an enjoyable night! Lynda knew I needed help, but when I called she was busy. Beth and Theresa didn't answer there phone, but you'd think they would have called to check on me! But I still didn't care I don't mind being busy, especially when I know that I'm only working for four hours. One, it makes the time fly by (usually), and you leave with the feeling of accomplishment.

But then what happens as I'm walking out the department door? Jerry calls (that is who took my assignment). The parents of an infant were saying I didn't give the treatment or even come in the room, and the nurse backed them up! I don't think so! I did all my treatments, I ALWAYS do all my treatments on kids. And to have the nurse that saw me up there for my ENTIRE SHIFT to say I didn't do something ... don't even go there with me! Then she argues with me and tells me I need to come and talk to the parents, forget that! I apologized to Jerry because he had to walk in on that, and I think he was cool with it ... I know what I did, and if I didn't do a treatment I'd say I didn't do it! And to ask me to come and talk to the parents to smooth it over ... not my job! Is it my fault they stick the baby in the bed and then go to sleep? What am I suppose to do, wake them up so they know I'm in there, instead of being as quiet as possible so everyone can get the sleep they need? So ruined my whole freaking night just because of that! So like an idiot I cry the whole way home and get here and hold Socrates and just cry. Dumb I know. And, of course I'm back tomorrow, and will probably get the same assignment! So I'll have to deal with the same nurse and I dare her to say a word!! When it comes to kids, I don't mess around! And the kids I had tonight were some sick little kids! I'm there to help them get better, not make them worse by skipping a treatment! An adult ... yup, they can miss them if I'm busy ... but NEVER does a child or infant!!!! I do my job, and I do it well ... and I do NOT tolerate people saying otherwise! Trust me, if I get the same assignment, those parents will know I'm in there ... the light's going on and I will make all the noise I can! Let them complain about that ... at least that's worth a complaint!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home