As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Work work work

Last night sleep wise .. BAD! I fought and fought, and then fought some more with an anxiety attack, but I think it won. I took an extra pill, but I was having a rough time. And why ... because I knew I had to work the next two days and the supervisor I would have to see is the lovely male one!!!!! Now tell me that's not ridiculous???? To go through that much, just knowing I'd have to see him!


I got a call today from a co-worker to see if I could come in at 2 to cover for her because she totally forgot she had a doctor appointment at 3:30 which was an hour away. So sure ... I can do that, never had a problem with the lady ... I'll come in an hour early and help her out! So I get there, first good thing ... the icky supervisor, poor guy, was out sick!!! Hated to hear that!!! :) So party on! Got report on the ICU (another SCORE) and headed up to take a guy to CAT scan. So far great night! I do all my things that needed done, and then headed down to the department and who is sitting there ... TERA! I didn't know she was working ... was SO happy to see her! We spent most of the night talking and catching up, which was very nice!
I had a couple emails from my female supervisor that I like (but was having issues with), and ended up getting a little upset. So I write back, remind her I shared my orange chocolate (LOVE those) that Shanna was kind enough to stick in my locker for working 7-11 for her. Finally we worked things out, and all was well ... I even surprised her with more chocolate and got a big 'ole hug and kiss from her! All the problems between us were miss understandings and lack of communication. Go figure! Again, I was given call (not just one, but two) ... and was NOT happy. But looked at the nights, and told her I'd keep them. She was under the impression I wanted call, but now knows not to assign them to me unless I sign up. So problem solved. Easy enough. If I would have said something when I was given call on Christmas it wouldn't have happened at all this time. But oh well ... live and learn!
Right as we were getting ready to leave at 11, a code was called ... so of course do I leave? Heck no! Tera and I both go! We were hoping for something cool ... but it was nothing! Just a whitenessed arrest, however he was breathing on his own, heart rate, etc when they arrived ... but man oh man was he fighting!!!!! It took a few fire fighters, myself, nurses, etc to hold him down WHILE he was strapped to the board!!! Personally ... I think it was a drug over dose ... but did the Dr. take my advice I gave multiple times? Of course not!

But after 25 minutes of pushing drugs into him to knock out someone over twice his size, he STARTED to chill. So I decided to head out! So, a little OT today! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home