As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

Still not feeling at all like Christmas! We ran around a bit this morning, grocery store, liquor store, etc ... then we came home, cleaned the house, and fixed dinner in time for my Father in law to come over for dinner and exchange gifts. I even had time to stick a Let It Snow "wreath" on the door, and decorate a wreath with ornaments for the wall. (That's our tree)
Nothing grand was made ... Stouffers Lasagna (both meat and veggie) and yummy garlic bread. Of course a salad, and a store bought cake for desert. I also had some yummy garlic dip and crackers, as well as chips and dip prior to dinner. (Barely touched I might add)

But we ate, visited, opened gifts, and that was that. We each got an ornament (Bart his usual Hallmark Son ornament, and I got a beautiful angel). Then we got some odds and ends, and a check for China (love those). He got the dogs each treats, so they of course loved that.

He didn't really stay long, and he left. I went down and finished my Christmas cards (I made three) for the neighbors and ran and delivered them (I stuck them in the front doors). All but one was delivered because they were sitting by the front door (I could see in the window), and I didn't want to intrude on there Christmas Eve. So I'll catch them tomorrow.

For whatever reason Bart came to bed early, he's been watching TV. I gave myself a facial ... Philosophy Oxygen Peel (a gift I bought for myself) and my face feels REALLY good!!! Prior to that I took a shower and trimmed my hair some. :)

I wanted to go to the 11 PM Christmas Eve service, but Bart didn't want to (although when I asked again later, he said fine ... but I didn't want to agrue about it). I thought that would be a nice thing to do this year, especially since I'm so bah humbugish .... but oh well. We didn't even drive around and look at Christmas lights this year! Such an off year!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home