As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

What a day!

Today's one of those days that when you look back on it, it feels like it's been a couple days! But nope, just one ... one of those LONG days that you fit WAY too much in.

I started my morning with an 8AM (and you all know how I LOVE morning appointments) appointment with a nurse at my Cardiologists office to get my lovely heart monitor! Such a fun thing to wear! And to think I have this for a month ... ugh! I feel so old! If I wear this stupid thing for a month and they find out nothing, I will be mad!!

After my appointment we went to breakfast, which was YUMMY!!! I had a spinach and artichoke quiche. Love those things! And they're just the right size! We then went to the dreaded store we both HATE to look for a stupid pink tinsel Christmas tree. We found one, it was small ... 10 bucks, but prelit. So we got it, even though it wasn't what I wanted. I then had an anxiety attack and we quickly left the store. (We were on the way out anyway) Next we ran home, I grabbed my calendar and notebook ... dropped off the tree, and off we went to my therapy appointment. Bart dropped me off then went to UPS to drop off some packages, then to get his car washed.

Therapy ...
Another book to buy ... well, two! One I don't have to buy, but I want to. The other comes on CD, and she suggested going that route so I can hear the techniques, pause the CD and try. We'll see. I still need to get the other she wanted me to get. So we talked about me (betcha didn't think that would happen in therapy), and how things have been. **I wrote everything except finishing about my counseling session until now 1-1-06, and now I have no idea what else to write! :) I guess that's why you should do it all at once, or leave yourself notes!***

Next stop ... JoAnn's. I was determined now to find my tree! Last week when we were there they had ONE silver tinsel (even though I wanted pink) tree, so I went back to check it out. Ended up getting a green one, garland, lights, and some other odds and ends. 50 bucks! Too much for a stupid tree and stuff to decorate when we have all the stuff we need here! So we get home, and of course start arguing about the whole tree situation. That's about the time my parents arrived ... perfect timing! :) Bart visited for a little bit, then left to take everything back to JoAnn's. I was on a mad rush to make Kaylie a journal, which turned out adorable (forgot to take a picture), wrap everything, and make a few letters. Mom did a few things around my room ... trying to pick up. She made piles, so now my organized mess is in piles and I can't find anything ... but she was trying to help! I felt bad because I couldn't visit much because I was busy running around like an idiot. I finished everything JUST in time to leave though!

We made it to Brenda's, who's house looked beautiful all decorated. I think she had a tree in every room. (That makes up for the lack of things here) After everyone was ready, we were off to the Japanese Steak house for dinner. Brian, Kaylie, and I took my car ... Kaylie drove (Bart didn't like the idea, nor did he want to be in the car). She did a very good job. She's a little over confident with some things, but a lot of it comes with experience I think. She's cautious though, she did great! Just a couple more weeks and she gets her license!

Dinner was yummy, I had avocado sushi, and tofu sushi ... both YUMMMM! Kaylie gave it a try, but spit it out. Bart had some, but nobody else cared for any. Then of course the whole performance of dinner .... so fun watching them cook! And the fried rice is SO good!!! After dinner we went back to Brenda's ... another good driving job by Kaylie ... this time Nick joined in for the ride. We took a detour and looked at Christmas lights, which was nice. We saw some beautiful houses! Shortly after we got back to Brenda's, we were opening gifts and eating cookies and what not! Bart got an Atari from my parents and I got an adorable shoe for my collection, a purse my mom had made, (I had picked out the material and designed it a few years ago ... totally forgot about it) which is BEAUTIFUL, we also got a HUGE wall clock which we needed. Bart and I got a very nice check from my parents for China. From my sisters family I got a big black bag my sister had ordered to say, "Chosen by God, so you could be chosen by us" or something like that. The lettering was in pink ... very cool! I also got the cutest sock/slippers! SO soft! Bart got a book. And inside the bag a nice card with money for China. Gotta love my family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home