As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Sunday, December 18, 2005

The worst Christmas EVER

Okay, so it's not even Christmas yet ... but let me tell you, this is the worst one EVER!!!! This tops the one, my brother was in Panama in that stupid war and we didn't know if he was dead or alive.

Just talked with my mom and sister ... since my brother's wife has "issues" with my sister and I (which is more like issues with herself, but that's another story), they're not coming here for Christmas. Since Bryce is the youngest Grandchild, my parents want to be there for Christmas, rather than here like it's been for the past 14 years. So they're coming this week for a couple days, and we're going to the Japanese Steak House for dinner, then back to my sisters for the gift exchange on Wed. Then they're leaving Thursday morning. So, I thought well ... maybe we could go home for Christmas, there's nothing like being home for Christmas. But nope, can't do it because I'm on call Christmas day (even though I'm not even suppose to take call days, and didn't agree to it). So this will be the first Christmas I have spent without my family! I think my sister and her family will be going to spend Christmas with her mother in law since it's her first Christmas without her husband, so I won't even have them.

Okay, so I know what you're thinking ... "I thought you were skipping Christmas this year". I was ... but I didn't mean like this! I just didn't want decorations, etc ... I mean, we're never home on Christmas day anyway ... we're always at my sisters. So now, it's REALLY being skipped, and I'm devastated! I so want to just take the few stupid things I've put out and just throw them out the door! I want this month over!

I thought maybe it would be fun to do an open house for our friends ... but who's going to come over on Christmas? They'll all be with there families. Heck, even Shyam ... I don't even know if he'll be out by then! So this year, the 25th is just another day for us. No gifts, nothing .... just each other, and a baby in China.

4 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

That settles it...pack your bags....and head south baby! Our house is open. You can come anytime!!!!

5:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, you & the Bartster are coming here!
I am making dinner & that way I can give you your not so Secret Santa gift in person.
Ok...what time can I expect you??? Hmmmm???

11:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always come down here.... still looking forward to disney NEXT year.....Christmas NEXT year...

8:47 AM

 
Blogger Abby said...

You all are so sweet! :) Now if you only lived closer!!!!

And Trish, you're on for next December ... early December! :)

2:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home