As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Saturday ... You mean Christmas is soon?

Well, I got up relatively early this morning to go to JoAnn's because they were having a really good sale. Not that I needed anything, but I couldn't pass up a sale! (That's unAmerican, right?) So I go ... spend WAY too much time in there (according to Bart who drove me and waited in the car). So I come out to a cranky man! Nice ... everything was going great so far. We had a yummy breakfast (I had a spinach artichoke quiche), then went shopping. So he bites my head off about being in there over an hour, then says he's not being in a bad mood. (liar) Didn't want to hear about my brilliant idea about a Christmas tree, just was CRANKY! I call my mom to tell her my idea for a Christmas tree and how Bart refuses, so it's his fault not mine. (So mature, I know) Bryce was there, so I got to talk to him. Too cute! He called Santa today, "the REAL Santa Clause" on the phone. I asked if Santa told him he was good, and he said yes, but I was VERY bad! Then he said Santa talked WAY too much! Then he said, "You want to call him, get a pencil and paper to write this number down" ... then he read it off to me. I can't believe he's growing up so fast! I can't wait to see him, I've missed the little guy! So we go to Best Buy to return something, look at some games for possible gifts for my nephew, and then off to Target. Of course Target was crazy with people Christmas shopping, which seems so weird. It doesn't feel at all like Christmas to me at all! Writing the date at work yesterday was weird because I kept thinking, Christmas is RIGHT around the corner. But neither Bart nor I feel like Christmas this year. (Even though I had a cool idea for a tree, etc) So while in Target it hits me ... Christmas is 7 days away. We haven't gotten one gift, sent one card .. nothing! Of course tonight we purchased gifts, bought some wrapping paper ... so we're almost there. Never are we late shoppers. Then I notice all the parents shopping for there kids, and all the kids all excited. Very depressing! I so want that! I starting thinking how this is our daughters first Christmas ever, and it's not with us. I began to wonder if she'll be treated differently on that day ... will she even know? They don't celebrate Christmas in China. For almost a year I've thought I'd have a baby this Christmas, or at least be with her in China ... but it's not going to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home