As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Monday, December 12, 2005

Neurology appointment

First let me say, thank God Bart went with me! I was a nervous wreck ... filling out the papers, I put 12-12-24!!! I was adding! :) So thankfully he was there to help me get through the paper work (which always confuses me) and help keep me as calm as he could! He's my rock!
Met with the doctor ... I liked her, very nice lady. She asked some questions, went over my MANY medications, then did a neurological exam (gotta love those). I hate squeezing fingers as hard as I can, and pushing there hands as hard as I can, etc. The last time I had a neurological exam was when I was in high school (I was passing out a lot ... they were making sure it wasn't epilepsy) and I was pretty fit, I worked out, ran, etc. My doctor was a friend of mine's Dad ... in his early 50's ... very fit man as well .. another runner. When I had to push on his hand with my foot (leg straight out, toes in the air ... you push like you would a gas peddle), I knocked him back. But this time, I didn't do that ... I so need to start working out again! Running was relaxing. By the way ... I had on toe socks (shock I know) and she freaked when she had me take my shoes off. :)
Anyway ... got all that out of the way and then we sat and chatted. I'm not stupid, I knew what she was doing ... she was watching me, seeing if I'd start moving my legs. So knowing she was doing that, I was trying my best not to ... but sure enough I did. So she told me the drugs that treat Restless Leg Syndrome, and the one she likes best. She said it's possible that my medications I'm on has intensified my fidgeting, but I couldn't remember if it had gotten worse when I started on SSRI's or not. So, she gave me a script as well as a sample pack that slowly gets me to 1 mg. She said I should notice somewhat of a difference by the time I see her again (1 month). So we shall see. So don't want to be taking another medication. I explained to her that I was a fidgety person, and always have been ... especially when I'm nervous, I use to drive the people around me in school crazy at test time!!! I usually got to sit at a table by myself! :)
Haven't started the med yet ... I'll probably start it this weekend when Bart's around in case I have some funky side effect. And of course, there's a possibility it can make my anxiety worse (lovely). So if that happens, I'm to stop taking it and give her a call. So we shall see!!!
The pharmaceutical companies must LOVE me!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home