As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Monday, December 12, 2005

The Dreaded Phone Call

I got woken up about a little over a half an hour ago from my best friends father. When I heard "Something horrible happened last night", my heart came up into my throat!!!!!! It seems that on the way home last night, someone cut Shyam off. Knowing Shyam, I know horns where blown, fingers were thrown, and yelling, etc. It seems the guy stopped and got out of the car and stupidly so did Shyam!!!!! Thank God, the guy didn't have a gun .... they got into a fight, the police came and Shyam is in jail with a $43,000 bail! (This is all from his Dad as I haven't talked to him). Shyam said he's pretty beaten up, and there were witnesses. Of course he says he didn't start it, it wasn't his fault, etc .... Shyam NEVER takes the blame, things are never his fault. His dad said he has a feeling this time he's going to get jail time. Yes I said this time ... he has a past, and a not so good one due to his past drug issues. Part of me thinks jail time would do him good, maybe he'd learn something .... then there's the part of me that knows how jail is, so maybe it would make him worse?

Then there's the me, you know, the what if Abby. I wanted to invite him over after dinner (early dinner ... about 4:30), but didn't. If I did ... I knew something was up with the way he was obsessed with the time, he constantly looked at his watch (he doesn't do that), I should have said something. He got a call during dinner from some guy (didn't ask questions, so no clue who) and he said he'd he'd call him when he left and he'd be over (or something like that). Why didn't I ask about that? As soon as he was finished eating, and the bill was paid .... it was nice to see you dude (shake hands), and a half hug for me because I was being mean (but not mean mean, I didn't mean it ..... when I turned around to say goodbye and actually give him a hug he was almost out of the place!!!!! We leave ... I try and catch him before he pulls out of the parking lot .... no luck, he was outta there, in a hurry!!! So I call to let him know I tried to catch him, etc .... so we talked and he said he'd call me when he got home. Of course you know he didn't call .... he never got him. But it didn't worry me, because he's always saying he'll call and doesn't.
I just hope he gets out of this okay .... I hope he wasn't meeting someone to "buy anything", he was doing so well, I hope he hasn't relapsed!!!!!! He had two beers with dinner, but was fine to drive ... we'd never let anyone drive that shouldn't. But two beers ... depending on when this happened, and if and when they did a breathalizer ....
Needless to say I'm extremely worried about him, and really wish there was something I could do. So for those of you out there that read my blog .... please say a prayer for him right now, not for me ... forget me, pray for him!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

got them going up now

11:13 AM

 
Blogger Dawnree said...

so sorry to hear this Abby. I will say prayers for all of you. Big Hugs.

11:13 AM

 
Blogger Abby said...

thanks ...

1:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home