As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Monday, December 12, 2005

Thank God for Mom's

I know everyone didn't grow up with the opportunity of having parents like mine, which is unfortunate. I never really knew how great they were until I got older and learned how other people had it, and couldn't believe how naive I was not to have noticed it before. Don't get me wrong, I knew there were starving kids out there, kids without parents, I even knew some were abused ... but for whatever reason it never clicked.

Today after I received "the phone call", I immediately called Bart to let him know. He didn't have much time to talk as he was walking into a meeting ... but said what he could and told me it would be okay. I got off the phone with him, and lost it ..... I was worried, scared, I didn't know what to think or do. I didn't know how things like this were (I thought they were like they were on TV) ... so you can imagine what I'm pictureing. I needed to talk to somebody, or I wasn't sure what would happen ... I needed somebody!!! So I call my mom (at work), and when she answered I said (trying my hardest to hold back tears), please pray for Shyam ... I'm not that good at those kind of things, and you are. Of course I couldn't hold back the tears through that sentance .... so I explained what happened. And my mom being the person she is, knew exactly what to say. And she also informed me I was good at praying.
I felt like such an idiot calling my mom, at work, crying ... I'm 30 years old! I don't like to bother my mom with my problems, I don't want her worrying about me. But there I was crying on her shoulder over the phone. And after we talked ... more like she talked and I cried, she did what she has done my whole life, "Take a deep breath, take another one, one more". My eyes were closed and I could picture her holding me like she has so many times I've needed her, and I could almost feel her taking the deep breath with me as I always have. What would I do without her? Both of my parents ... cream of the crop! If I ever needed them, they would be here as quickly as possible no matter what they were doing. I just hope that I will be the exact kind of mother to my daughter ... because I know if I am, she will turn out just right!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home