As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Could someone explain this?

Last schedule (began 12/04) I went PRN-emergency relief. This means, I give them dates and times I want to work rather than being scheduled X hours a week. Also, they call me when they're short or there's a call out, etc. (Not required to go in, but they call)

So the current schedule is fine ... except they scheduled me on a day I told them I wasn't available (I had a cardiologist appointment that morning and wasn't sure what would come of it, so I didn't want to worry about working that night). Everything worked out, and I went into work (after leaving voicemails, and emails asking them to please try and find someone else ... which all went ignored). I was also given a call date (Christmas) which being PRN, I'm not required to take call. I didn't complain about it, because it's really not a big deal, and I'd get paid really good to go in. But still. (I'm guessing the supervisor that does the schedule doesn't know I've gone PRN)

So the new schedule comes out (early), and guess who's on it ... me! Not once was I asked for availability, etc. (So again, I'm thinking she doesn't know ... great communication, huh?) Anyway, most of it's fine ... but there are days that are not. For example ... I told my boss I'm NEVER available on Wednesday's. (Therapy day ... which is at 10AM, so I COULD work, but trust me ... some days after therapy, you don't want me working!). So guess who's working EVERY Wednesday but one? What's up with that? So those 3 need taken off ... and then there's another one I can't work for one reason or another, I can't remember. I think it's waiting parent's meeting at our Adoption agency.

So I sent an email Friday when I worked ... we'll see if I get an answer to that! I didn't have my calendar with me, so I couldn't tell them if anything interfered with anything besides the Wednesdays. But tonight, I'll have schedule in hand so I can email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home