As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Turning 30

Not sure why people freak out over turning 30 .... to me, not a big deal! So what ... I'm no longer in my 20's, big deal! Some say you're as old as you feel ... and I don't feel 30. Some say you're as old as you act .... I'm not even going there! But 30 will bring me a lot of happiness, a lot of change ... so 30 is a good thing!

Not much was accomplished in my 20's. I dropped out of college, I moved to Maryland, I got married, I've had an aray of jobs which have all sucked in there own way, I went back to school and actually graduated, got my first "real job", and who could forget getting Socrates!! Okay, so SOMETHINGS was accomplished, but nothing really of much importance (not that getting married and all that isn't important). But between all the good stuff mentioned above there was bad stuff as well. I got rid of my beloved 1995 green Mitsubishi Eclipse, which was turbo mind you. (I called it the Batmobile, which MaryKay named) Sad sad day that was .... traded it in for an 1998 Chevy Blazer which I named Clarence. Then ... we got rid of him on Valentine's Day a year or so ago for Bart's car. The next day we had a blizard! I still miss good 'ol Clarence!! I lost my Aunt Mary .... that was a shock to everyone! I think of her often and miss her like you wouldn't believe. Then there was my Grandfather gone at a ripe age of 93 ... although I can still hear him singing in my mind. Those hit me hard .... still do. And my other Grandma Margret. That was it ... all my Grandparents gone. Then shortly after the Christmas before last Bart lost his Grandmother, 98 I believe she was. She went downhill fast, but I enjoyed having her in my life while I did.

So 30 .... it's going to be good!!! I'll become a mother ... what could be better than that? I'll get to travel to China which is someplace I've always dreamed of going. I'll experience my daughters first words, first days of school, all those first ... and all in my 30's! I tell you .... 30's not bad at all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home