As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday ughday

OBGYN ....

First let me say, not as bad as I thought it would be. Nothing different than my primary doctor. The doctor I saw (which isn't the one I want to see, but the one I wanted to see is out of town) was very nice, approachable, and seemed very knowledgeable. So that was all good ... it's important to be comfortable and safe with whatever kind of doctor you are seeing.

So we start with the lovely pelvic exam, then I get dressed and go to his office where we talk. This is where I remember nothing ... a total blur! I could however tell you details about his office ... what's up with that? I wish I would have had them have Bart come back after the pelvic, but I didn't think about it. He said he couldn't feel the cyst on my ovary but definitely could see it on the ultrasound. Then he said something about my other ovary, but I don't remember what ... all I remember is it had to do with size. He did feel a knot (I forget exactly where in my uterus) but did not see it on the ultrasound. No clue, didn't ask ... nor am I sure why I didn't ask. He told me a lot of possible causes, etc ... don't remember any. Then of course how to fix the possible causes. Like I said ... BLUR! I think it was one, me being nervous and scared of what I was going to find out (especially after he told me my risk of ovarian cancer), and two, a lot of medical terms thrown at me I'm not familiar with. Usually I'm good with the medical terminology ... but not when it comes to this part of the body. And of course I just acted like I knew, rather than asking what the heck he was talking about!

So after the appointment I went and got more blood drawn to check my hormone level, and some other things. And in 4 weeks he wants a repeat internal ultrasound to see if things have changed. After he gets all that info, he'll give me a call and we'll go from there. So, more or less .... I'm in the same place, not knowing. It's my usual place, I think this place was made just for me, because I seem to be stuck in it a lot lately!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawnree said...

Glad you went , but yes Bart should have come back. Those missing pieces are prpbably important. Maybe call and ask the nurse for a transcript of the appointment. I think that is the wrong word but you know what i mean!

8:27 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

My life's always missing a piece of something! :) I'll just wait until I get the results and go from there. But Bart WILL be coming back this time!

4:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home