As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Gotta Love Shyam!

This morning at 10AM this morning he was released on probation. He luckily didn't have to serve his 30 days. He called me around 11.30ish from home! He said it felt good to get home, take a shower, and shave! He had lovely things to say about the whole experience, especially about his cell mate! It's nothing he wants to do again! His exact words, "Dude, I'm never getting high again!". He's been clean 3 months, so he's off to a great start!
Unfortunately I didn't get to talk to him long as there were TONS of family there to see him. Tonight he went to an NA meeting with his sponsor (is that the right word), and then he was dropping him back off at the rehab facility where he was prior to his jail time.
I would have loved to be able to see him, but knew that wasn't going to happen because he was so busy today with getting his probation papers, etc. But talking to him was great! Seemed kind of weird, not like it use to be ... but maybe that was just me being paranoid.
Soon he'll have cell phone privledges and be aloud to come home on weekends (starting a few hours at a time). So it won't be long until I get to see him, as long as all goes well.
I surprisingly held myself together while talking to him, didn't cry at all. But as soon as we hung up ... the tears came. Why, I don't know .... I think it was relief, knowing he was safe and doing great.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like he did very well given the less than ideal circumstances!

I've been to AA and NA meetings with my sister. Always hear some stories of triumph and others that just make me sad beyond belief. Shyam looks to be on his way to a triumph.

6:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home