As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sunday's drama

I hate sleeping the day away, especially on the weekend!!!!! It feels good to sleep and be all comfy, but what a waste of a day! Especially when I feel like I never get to see my husband enough anyway.

Today I got woken up by the phone, Beth was calling to see if I'd go to the funeral home this evening with her to the viewing. I was going to meet her in the department at work around 4.45. So we get everything settled, I hang up ... look at the clock and it's 2 something! Bye Saturday! Bart was of course sound asleep on the couch. I proceeded to get dressed, etc. Go down wake him up ... talk about grouchy! Phone rings again, Beth ... she's getting off at 3, so I told her to just come over and we'd hang out here until it was time to go. It's not until I inform Bart it's almost 3 he gets up to go shower, etc!

Beth gets here, we talk, get ready .... and we're off. Driving there wasn't easy for her, she shook the whole way ... I felt so bad, helpless even though I was there. We had it planned we'd get there in between the viewings since it was made clear to her by the X wife she wasn't welcome to any part of this! So she had made arrangements to go between viewings when nobody would be there. She didn't want to cause a scene, nor did she want to be disrespectful to his family. She just wanted to pay her respects and say goodbye, which she had every right to. That's what viewings and funerals are for!
So we get there, we had it all planned ... I was going to walk in and make sure nobody was there, then motion her to come in. So I go in, and the little old lady informed me we would have to come back at 7 that it's there policy not to let anyone back without the family. I explained how we spoke to the funeral director earlier as well as the brother and was told it was fine, but nothing was conveyed to her. Great ... she apologizes and I leave. It was SO hard to tell her that when I got back to the car, I mean ... she was RIGHT there. So we sat complained, and plotted. The guest book ... she wanted her name in the guest book. So back in I go, again I explained to the little old lady we were unable to wait until 7, and asked if I could please sign the guest book so the family knows we were there to pay our respects. She pleasantly agreed, and apologized again. I followed her back, heart in my throat, not real sure where my stomach was. A lot of emotions were swelling up as we approached the room we were in, I kept willing Beth in ... but it didn't work. With my hands shaking, I signed both of our names and kindly thanked the little old lady and left. Never did I think it would be hard ... I was there for Beth, for support. I had never met him, just heard a lot about him. But it was all the other viewings, etc I have been to rushing through my head like a video on fast forward, snip it's of them all. It was odd, almost like walking through a dream as I walked down that hall to sign the book! But nonetheless, I signed it!
I went back out, gave the thumbs up! I told her if she wanted to wait and go in at 7, we could. I also told her, that he knew she was there, he knew she was trying, and he knew how much she cared about him. She knew that. But I can't imagine how hard it must have been being so close, not getting in ... then driving away. I'll skip the next plot ... seemed like a good idea at the time, but luckily Tera talked some sense into us!
On the way back, one of his x girlfriends called Beth to see how she was doing, etc. She said she was SO happy that she (Beth) didn't go because it would have crushed her. She said the X wife had on her wedding rings, and he had a ring on as well. It was all about her ... her day. She said she was dressed like she was on a cruise!! And to top it all off, towards the end of the first viewing, she told a long time friend of Patrick's that they needed to leave (after being invited to go out and eat with the family). Then asked if they saw anymore of his friends around, because they had no business being there!!!!! Can you believe that? Anybody can be there, it's not a by invention only affair! I was floored! I was also very glad we found this out, because if she said that to a long time friend, imagine what she would say to Beth!!!!!
On the rest of the drive home, it was different. She seemed more at ease, more relieved, almost more at peace. I'm not really sure what it was. She came in for awhile when we got back to my house. I HAD to get out of my girlie clothes, and she made a few phone calls to let everyone know we didn't end up in jail!!! Andy was getting off work, and was going to stop by and hang out for awhile with us (he lives the next court over). But the idiot never showed up, so I call his cell .... and he was right where we thought he'd be, still at work running his mouth! So Beth decided to leave and go pick up her daughter at her in laws (are they still in laws if you're divorced?). She admitted she felt a lot better, and she looked a lot better ... more like Beth.

But what drama! Why keep, not only Beth, but other people from having the opportunity to pay there respects? Why make it about yourself when you didn't even care about the person and had moved on and in with another man? Talk about a women with issues!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home