As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Thursday, February 09, 2006

So great to hear from Shyam

Man was I surprised today when I got an instant message from Shyam!! Today was the first day he was allowed out. He was in the library. It was very nice to talk to him, even if it was over the computer. He said he's doing really good (if he did say so himself). He said his anger outbursts haven't been as bad, and he's more or less stopped cussing (which is saying A LOT)!!!!
His court date is the 21st. His lawyer said they would probably ask for jail time, but would most likely suspend it as long as he stays in treatment. So hopefully that is what happens.
I found out more about they type of place he is at ... not what I was thinking. He's still in drug rehab .... just long term (rather than the short term he was in previously). He said it's a year program (or at least 7 - 9 months)!!!! Okay, of course I start crying because I thought it was a 4-6 month program. But if it works, that's all that matters! But the thought of not having him for that long is hard to even think of!!! But again, that's being selfish on my part ... but I can't help it!

Hopefully I'll hear from him soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

glad you were able to hear from him and that everything is going good

5:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home