As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Sunday, February 05, 2006

What a week!!!

I worked WAY too much this week, it's one of those weeks that feels like it's been months! I got called in for 5 hours Monday night, which was no biggie ... they so could have done without me. Easy night, really easy money! :) Then I worked Tuesday, always off Wednesdays (counseling day), then I have worked every day since!!! Tonight I'm on call (fingers crossed I don't get called in), then I'm back in Monday! All this critical shift money better be worth it!!!

Thursday we met with Heather (our social worker who did our Homestudy) to answer some questions and give her more information so she could get another letter written to send to China. The first one she wrote and gave to Xiumen to translate, she was given it back and told they wouldn't accept it. All she did was elaborate on what she had already said. So back to the drawing board for her ... hence the meeting! Hopefully this letter will be satisfactory to the CCAA and we will be on our way to getting our baby girl. Of course, we're the first to have this happen to ... so leave it to us!

Bart went "fishing" with the guys this weekend. Not that you can really fish at this time of year ... especially as cold as it was there, even snow! Why do they bother calling it a "fishing trip"? HUGE fight over him going! He seems to always pick the worst times to go. Yes, it's nice HE gets away from the "real world" to relax and have fun ... but it would be nice for me as well! I haven't gotten to do that since we went to the beach, and he went on his "fishing trip" 3 times last year, then this is the first this year. I think most of our fighting was just a built up of stress and frustration over the adoption .... that and I don't think it's fair he gets to go away and I don't. But anyway.

Tonight's the Superbowl ... Steelers all the way baby! :) We'll see if I can stay awake to watch it! (I've been up since 3.30 PM yesterday)

Speaking of yesterday ... I got my hair cut. Not to worry, I won't go into nauseating detail as I usually do about the whole experience (which is TO DIE FOR). Loree (the girl who cuts my hair) is so cute ... she's due March 6th and is more than ready!!! She's one of those cute skinny pregnant people! And of course, guess who forgot her tip AGAIN! (Second time in a row) I need to just get a gift card to Target or something and send to her! And I didn't have money to tip the chick that washed my hair and massaged me ... totally hate that because MAN did that feel good! After I got my hair cut, I went to Target to see if they had the Storage Solution things for my scrapbook room. It was a no go ... however they did have the things in the dollar section that will hold 6x6 paper, so I picked up two (would have gotten more, but they were beat up). So not a total loss of a trip. But because of the Target trip (and the lovely weather ... RAIN), I was really pushing it to get to work on time. But not to worry, I did!

Now comes the big decision ... go to bed, or surprise my sister and show up at church? I guess I'll go look in the mirror and see how bad the bags under my eyes are and that will decide for me! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter, Ashley, who is a Seahawks fan says that Seattle got ripped off! ROFL, this from a 10 yr old!

2:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home