As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Whoohooo ... I'm off until Monday

Can't beat working just one day this week!!!! Wasn't a bad night either! Worked with Christi and Shanna (love them), so how could it be bad?

I did however get some bad new at the beginning of my shift ... Andy (a guy I work with) was leaving because his grandfather had a massive MI and was being flown to a hospital and was intubated and on a vent! I felt SO bad for him, poor guy ... he was driving to the hospital and he was emotionally a wreck, I hope he got there safely (it's not a hospital near here). But I hugged him, and told him to call if he needed anything. I'll give him a call tomorrow to see how things are looking.

I had the babies tonight ... love that! Especially when there's actual babies in there! Which tonight there were, one on a vent, one on CPAP, and one just on oxygen. Cute little things, all doing great! The little guy on the vent decided he didn't want the tube down his throat anymore and self extubated, so we had to reintubated the little booger! He did just fine though! Not that I like seeing sick babies, I don't want it to sound that way ... I'd rather them all be healthy and not need any medical assistance ... but I LOVE when things like that happen! Again, don't take that the wrong way ... I'd rather them be healthy!!!

I don't feel like going to bed, but I should! I haven't been sleeping well ... so I've just been avoiding it all together! Not exactly the right approach, but the one I've been taking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home