As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sunday ... funday?

Considering we went to bed around 5 AM this morning, I surprised myself at getting up a little before 1! That wasn't the only surprise, I actually went to the China lifebook "meeting"!!!!! I can't believe it myself, but I did. I was EXTREMELY nervous, and told Bart last night I wasn't going ... I was too anxious, etc. But I got up, got ready ... put some goodie bags together, and off I went! The hostess was very nice, and her daughter was just ADORABLE! Another lady brought her daughter who was 3 (I think) and was adopted from Kavastan. She was a cutie as well, dark brown/black curly hair! Others had pictures, some did not ... but all the kids were so cute. Most of the ladies there had adopted from China, two from Russia (one of them adopted siblings), two domestic, one from Guatemala (actually, I believe she's adopted two from there), and then one from Kavastan.

The group was suggested by the owner of a yahoo group I'm on for Chinese Lifebooks, the lady who is the leader of this group opened it to all adoptions which I think is wonderful!!! This was really just a get to know you type thing, and get to know lifebooks. It seems like most of the ladies are either VERY new to scrapping, or have not done anything to this point. So I think it will be fun watching them learn and grow. I also enjoy hearing all the adoption stories; although some are sad.

We decided to meet twice a month, that way if you can't make it to one, possibly you can make it to the other ... giving everyone a chance to make it monthly. I hope to be able to go to both, but it's a pretty nice drive for me .... so it really is a full day. But we'll see. Especially once we return from China ... I'm not sure what I'll do .... I know I'll miss a few months.

When I got home, I emailed the hostess to thank her for having the group, etc. I also suggested a few things to her (which I REALLY hope she doesn't take as me being bossy, or trying to take over). I suggested finding a scrapbook store that we could meet at to scrap so she wouldn't have to open up her house twice a month. For me that would be a pain knowing that twice a month I'd have to have everything cleaned and picked up, etc. I also offered my assistance in any way she needed. Even teaching a beginners class for those who'd be interested.

While I was gone, Bart and Socrates went to his Dad's. Socrates and Athena had fun running around the yard ... Bart said they were running full speed and Socrates was leaning into the turns!! Eventually he said they collapsed on the ground panting! I'm sure they were happy to see each other again! I feel bad getting Athena and not being able to handle her, but man is she a handful!! Never did I think it would be like that!!! It's so much nicer with just Socs! I know Bart's Dad loves having her there, I think it's exactly what he needed.

When I got home, I finished a page I started last night for my adoption journal ... then we watched the last two episodes of 24. We were both pleased to see that Jail Break will be back in March!!!! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WELL, DANG, somehow I missed reading about her going to live with Bart's dad.. glad that's working out

11:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home