As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Monday, January 23, 2006

Cardiologist followup

I had to get up early to be at my Cardiologists by 0945 for my appointment. Not a long wait in the waiting room which was nice, because I forgot to take something to read while I was waiting. Even though this has been my second (well third if you count getting the lesson on the heart monitor) time there, it's weird. I feel VERY out of place as I'm always the youngest (by far) there. I'm closer to my doctors age than the patients there to see him!! But anyway ..... I get taken back to my room, which really is my room because it's the one I was in last time I was there! :) I wait a few minutes and in he comes. He has a seat, asks how things are going, how I'm feeling .... I told him everything's the same. He flipped through the read outs he had from my monitor, and said that he had reviewed them and didn't see anything worrisome or out of the ordinary, just an increased heart rate. But no irregular patterns or anything, which was good. Personally, I still think it is related to my anxiety, but what do I know? So he gave me two choices .... one, I could go on meds to keep my heart rate under check, or two, hold tight. Of course, my answer is to hold tight! :) But then I asked what he suggested. He said, "I do two things .... I help people live longer, and I help people be more comfortable". Well, I'm 30 ... so live longer, I've got that covered for now! Be more comfortable, it's an annoying thing, but nothing I can't live with ... nothing to take another medication for. So he agreed on my sitting tight! :) And of course, if I have any trouble ... call, go to the ED, etc. And I go back to see him in 6 months. And he said if in 6 months, I feel no need to go ... go ahead and cancel, but at least I will have an appointment for now.

So that's over with .... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home