As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Monday, January 16, 2006

Anxious Monday

Okay, so I work tonight ... 4 hours, big deal!!!
Then tomorrow ... 8 hours, really another big deal.
Then Friday, another 4 .... big deal.
Four hour shifts are NOTHING!!!!!

But here I am, in bed ... TRYING to sleep, but I can't because I'm so friggin' anxious!!!! The same goes for last night, as I was trying to go to sleep. Anxiety!!!!

As I look back on my bad days (ignoring the one's during PMDD), they all have something in common ... WORK!!! What's up with that? Always the night before and the day I have to work it's anxiety city!!!! Of course once I get there, it usually subsides .... but why such anxiousness about going? And this week I think it's extra bad because I have 3 days, and one is an 8 hour shift .... ending at 0730, so there's a possibility of seeing my lovely supervisor we all know and love.
So my question is ... how to overcome this? Quit work, yup ... that would fix it, but kinda need the money now for China. So what's the deal!!! I SO need to make a list to take to counseling with me!!! Someone remind me, would ya?

Also ... new schedule will be out soon ... MEGA worried about that. I know I won't have any of the days I asked off, and no call days. (Got that worked out .... total misunderstanding and bad communication between the uppers ... shock) But still, I'm worried about the hours I'll be working. Stupid thing to worry about, but you have to remember ... it's me! :)

Then there's the adoption ... that's enough alone to drive one to the rubber room!!! :) I still have things that need to get done in the babies room, and we have yet to child proof our home. Not to mention the adoption journal and life book are nowhere near completed!!!!! (And don't even ask about the 100 wishes quilt pages for that book)

And to top it off, I have cramps ... and it's NOT time to have cramps!!!! Anything else I'm forgetting?

4 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Okay....don't fret over the adoption journal.It's not going anywhere and you can work on it anytime. got it.

Get that pad of paper out and next to your bed...that way when your feeling anxious you can write it down. why you think it is. etc. Then you can take it with you.

I can understand the work connection. Just don't know how to tell you to make it better :( not much help am I!

5:00 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

Becky you're TONS of help .... you know that!!! And yes, I know I'm supose to have that pad of paper beside my bed .... you have a good memory! I can't believe you read all this! lol

5:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update your blog woman!
~Casii

8:39 AM

 
Blogger Abby said...

I know, I know ... I have them started, just need to finish them!! I've been on the busy side of lazy! :P

12:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home