As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Counseling appointment

Today's appointment was interesting ... I said more than I wish I had, but it's probably for the best. You go to counseling to get help ... so why pay the money and not share your problems?

But I did tell her about my absolutely horrid week, but how I was doing a lot better. So, I told her how everything hit rock bottom Wednesday after my Doctor appointment with "the phone call". So she asked if maybe all that was going on was why I was so depressed last week at my appointment. Ummmmmm, ya! So, of course she asked why we talked for an hour and that never came up. So stupid here blurted out without thinking ... I never talk about what's on my mind and bothering me. As soon as it comes out of my mouth, I knew it shouldn't have been! So she says, good to know. So great! Now she knows I don't talk about what needs to be talked about. So she tries to get me make a contract with her to tell her what's been on my mind the past week within the first two - five minutes of our session. Needless to say, I didn't agree to it. It's not something I'm comfortable doing, and she's fine with that. So she asked if it would be okay if she said, I know you're smiling BUT .... and I said that's fine. She said I could tell her what it was or not, or tell her what it was but I didn't want to talk about it.
She gave me the name of a book to read, so I'll need to get that ... so hate reading crap that doesn't interest me, so hopefully it's interesting.
It was a good appointment, I think she learned a lot about me ... more than I'd like her to know. But I guess that's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home