As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Thursday, March 24, 2005

What a night

Starting the shift out with an intubation in the ER is NEVER a good sign!!!! I didn't even have the ER ... why did I have to answer the phone in the department when it rang anyway?
So then it was playing catch up trying to get all my treatments given on time which wasn't an easy thing since I kept getting called back and forth! If they would have just been patient I would have eventually gotten there ... and a lot faster too!!!
Then I had a guy who sounded BAD, I mean BAD .... the treatment didn't help and honestly I didn't want to leave his room. His family was in there, but still ... young guy too, around 50 I believe. But I left, told the nurse my concerns (thankfully she's one who cares and listens) and went about my way.
I also had Peds .... love having peds!!! But EVERY kid was on isolation, so it's gown up, give treatment, take off gown, etc ... then do it all over again!! Takes SO much longer!!! I was busy!! I don't think I've been this busy in a long time.

I inhaled my lunch and went back to work ... so really I didn't get a proper "break". It was run here, run there all night long!!!!

I go up to help with AM gases, get called to the ED ... so I go down there. After I'm finished .... back to the ICU I go to help with the gases. I go find out which one's still need done then go to get one ... who do I find SITTING chatting with a nurse ... my lovely male supervisor who came in at 6! HELLO ... busy here!!!!!! I inform him how many gases we have ... he could care less and continues to talk (personal, not work related of course). Burns me up!!!! I hate to even look at that man!!!!

Now all I want to do is go to bed, but I have counseling at 10 soooooo if I went to bed now, I would NEVER get up for that. So here I sit!!! I just hope I don't get called in tonight ... cross your fingers would ya!!! I'm on call and man I don't wanna be!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home