As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Today my world was turned inside out and upside down

Never did I think I would here the words uttered that I heard today. Never did I think I'd be taken aback and dumbfounded to a point where I didn't know what to say, do, or think.

Bart came home today, a bit early than usual. I had called him on his cell phone (I forget why now, it's not important) and asked where he was and he told me he was almost home. I asked why he was coming home so early and he told me he had gotten fired. I thought he was kidding ... I said what? To that he replied with the same as before and added, I'm no longer employed for _____ (the company he worked at). Then he told me he'd explain when he got home, and hung up. It still wasn't sinking in ... I still thought he was kidding. Unfortunately he wasn't!

Fired .. F I R E D! I couldn't believe my ears as he told me, and then what he did to get fired! That was NOT who I married, that was not something Bart would ever do ... it was almost like I was hearing Charlie Brown's teacher talking because nothing was making sense.

I immediately picked up the phone and called my Mom ... I need those motherly words of wisdom! She cried with me, talked to me, and made me feel better. I'm so fortunate to have such a wonderful mom!!! My family is the best!

So there I sat ... numb, tears still streaming down my face. I didn't know if I was coming or going, I didn't know what to think or say. I'd try to talk, but nothing would come out but more tears. The words just kept echoing in my ears.

Once again ... the world as I know it has come to an abrupt hault.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home