As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Friday, February 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to me .... :)

On this day in 1974 (do the math) I came into this world, hence the celebration of my birthday! :) I'm one of those people who make a big deal about my birthday ... I realize I'm an adult and have been told "it's just another day", but to me it's not. It's not that like getting gifts, cards in the mail, messages on my phone, and birthday cake ... I just like the fact that's it's a day just for me.

This was a very low key birthday, unlike I would have liked it to be. I would have liked to have a party and be surrounded by friends, but that just didn't happen. Instead Bart took my out for a very nice dinner of my choice. We went to a Greek restaurant that I love and I had a Greek salad, spanikopida (spelling?), and rice. As an appetizer we had humus with fresh homemade pita bread. It was all SO yummy.

When we got home, Terry had a surprise and had made cookies (I didn't have a cake) and they put candles in one and sang happy birthday. I thought that was very sweet that he thought to do that, which made it all that more special!

Other than that ... that was my day. Like I said, very low key ... but nonetheless, my day! :)

Thank you all for your warm wishes ... and to quote a message I received from my friend Stacey ... "May the best of your past, be the worst of your future." I've never heard that before, but just love it! Thanks Stace!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Happy Birthday girl!!!!

4:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home