As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Monday, February 12, 2007

Borientation ...

Only five minutes late ... not too shabby! :) The actual orientation didn't start until 7, the first 15 minutes were to get settled in, grab something to eat and/or drink, and sign in. But since I was late, I was right in the front in the middle ... drinking my cocaine energy drink! Why didn't I think to pour it into something??
Everything up until 1.30 went rather quickly and wasn't bad at all ... but man did it drag after that!!! Luckily we had a 15 minute break (I made mine longer because I went to HR ... they love me there) at 3, but still .... UGH!

So, here's some things I learned ...
  • The NEW golden rule: Do unto others as that WANT you to do.
  • Begin with the end in mind.
  • It's easy to criticize, it's better to offer solutions. (Now there's something people need to do!)
  • The 10-4 rule: When you're within 10 feet of someone, you should make eye contact and smile. When you're within 4 feet you should greet them.
  • Within the first 7 seconds upon meeting someone, they have already formed ELEVEN opinions about you! (I don't even want to know what people think about me in 7 seconds, let alone 7 minutes!!)

So that was that ... overall a good day, especially since I got paid for 9 hours! :) I had WAY too much caffeine, but I stayed awake ... who knows if I'll ever get to sleep tonight! I found out I work tomorrow night (7 pm -7 am), I'll be doing paper work and working on the computer. FUN stuff!!! :) She was really cool and laid back about it ... she's like, don't worry if you're a few hours late, it's not a big deal ... just give me a call and let me know what time you'll be here, and if something comes up and you can't come in or don't want to, just give me a call and we'll do it next week. I told her not to worry that I'd be there at 7. (I think she felt like she needed to have me come in, but she had just found out I had orientation that day. So I'm not scheduled to be there.)

The drive home sucked ... people around here SO need to learn that when white stuff is falling from the sky it's not a big deal, it's called snow and you just drive as usual, but with extra caution ... especially when it's not really sticking and it's barely a flurry! But no, they freak and sit and drive SLOW, which means traffic is pretty much at a stand still inching along! UGH!

Thanks Christina, you were right ... I did just fine (even though the first few speakers had to remark on my drink, one being the prez of the hospital!!!) and I had no reason to be stressing! :) You're a sweetie, no wonder you're my friend!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawnree said...

I am glad it went well! I knew it would ;) great job girlie!

8:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it is awesome it went well. And look at it this way at least now people know who you are thanks to your drink! ;)

Christina

10:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home