As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

First night of work ...

How bad is it to show up late on your first actual day (well night) of work?? Leave it to me! Luckily, she had told me it was okay to be a few hours late ... but still, I felt bad being 20 minutes late!! The weather was horrid, it had snowed and stared sleeting so the roads were icy ... so it was a slow trip! Luckily the closer I got to Baltimore the better things got! But I called and left her a message around 6.30 PM letting her know I'd be late due to the weather. She didn't mind one bit!
Of course I had to pee once I got there, so I hit the bathroom ... and since I was trying to hurry I left my legal pad I took to take notes on, my calender (UGH), and my bag of pretzel goldfish!!! I don't care much about the legal pad and goldfish ... but my calender, I miss it!!! :(
I took 10 exams first ... I breezed through them in less than 30 minutes, I didn't even have to read the info ... I just took the exams. The last one was hard ... or shall I say poorly written, and she gave me the answers on it. :) After that we took a tour of half the hospital and she showed me where the med rooms were and the lock combos for them, and where we keep the equipment on the floors. Man oh man is this going to take forever to remember!!!! I think I'll be wondering around finding my way forever! This place is HUGE! Extremely nice though ... and everyone seemed to be very nice. This is the first time I've worked at a hospital without knowing one person!
I was given a lot of information, but not too much where I felt overwhelmed. The most overwhelming thing is the hospital itself, but I guess that will come with time. I learned about charting (which everyone made out to be complicated), but there was nothing to it. I was zooming along helping Jennifer put in charges, etc in no time! I think I have that down, it's pretty much like what I used at FMH, but a much better written program! So it's just a matter of finding where the buttons are ... that too will come with time. Other than that we watched TV and just visited with each other ... pretty laid back place!

We'll see how Monday goes ... I'll be orienting in the ER.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home