As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Friday, January 05, 2007

Phone message

I got a few restless hours of sleep ... I woke up to a phone message from a cop at the county adult detention center! She told me they had Terry and was trying to get him PR'd, but he needed his blood pressure meds badly as his blood pressure was extremely high. She asked if I could bring them, left her number if I had questions.

GREAT! He got arrested! I was getting some clothes on to go get his prescription filled because those are the pills he took all of when the phone rang ... it was Terry asking me to please come pick him up. What??? He called from his cell phone so I knew he had been released, extremely confused I was out the door to get his script filled then to go get him.

I called Bart on my way, he didn't want me picking Terry up and didn't want him in the house until he talked to him. He told me I could take his meds there and they would have to call him a cab to take him back to his room at the Fairfield. Needless to say an argument came out of this ... I didn't need lectures and more stress from Bart on top of what I already had!

So into CVS I go to get his refills, then off to pick Terry up and take him to his hotel. He found out if he checked out by 4 he would only have to pay half, so I said get your stuff. I wasn't in danger ... I knew it, he was sober. I took him home ... so I did everything Bart told me not to do.

I find out he was released on PR (which I found out was personal recognisance) due to his high blood pressure and they were afraid of him collapsing. But they release him without a ride there?? Sign this so we're no longer responsible if you stroke out or something and go?? Why didn't they take him to the hospital where he needed to be??? That infuriated me! I also found out how he ended up there. The previous night didn't end as we had thought .....

Yes the cab was called, yes he got into the cab and per Terry got kicked out because he told them he didn't have any money and needed to go to the ATM. So back on his feet, and back into TGIF Friday's he goes to order just a soda (he tells me). They wouldn't serve him, called the cops, and charges for disturbing a public place and disobeying a police officer where placed.

This is NOT going to help his upcoming trial date for his DUI!!!!

We talked a lot, and he promised me he would never get out of control again, he didn't remember a lot ... felt horrible, etc. I told him Bart didn't want him staying with us, but he would not kick him onto the street. He could stay with us while he found another place to live. Telling him that killed me. Seeing how depressed he already was, that isn't what he needed to hear ... but he had to be told. He showered, picked up his mess in the house, and fell asleep.

PLEASE tell me this is the end!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home