As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Why?

My therapist seems to think I attract people that are addicts of some kind or another. It's always made me made when she's said that, because I beg to differ. I have a friend (who STILL isn't talking to me) that is a recovering drug addict, and a friend who's an alcoholic. Then there's Bart (sorry Bart), who my therapist referrs to as an addict as well because of his weight ... a food addict. So there's 3 people out of the however many people in my life ... I don't see that as a pattern, but oh well!

Back to the point of this ... tonight Terry got drunk, as in out of control drunk, as in like I've never seen him drunk. It was about midnightish and he asked me to take him to a bar. There was no way that was happening, he offered me 50 bucks ... although I could use 50 bucks there was still no way I was going to do that. This went on for about 45 minutes. Bart got involved and I had enough and went to our neighbors to take him his doggie bag he had been asking for! (I made a HUGE dinner and told him about it, and he knows he's always welcome to eat here or eat the left overs, etc) So off I went ... gave him those, we talked for awhile ... I of course told him what was going on. We ended up in front of his car on the sidewalk talking (because he was telling me about something he wanted to get for his car and was showing me where it would go, etc). We see Terry stumble down our stairs, across the grass, and up the neighbors. So we both yell and point out the fact we were right there. (duh)

This is when it started!! (Bart was on our front "porch" with the video camera, because we wanted to show Terry how rediculous he gets when he drinks). Terry walks straight up to my neighbor gets in his face and shoves him (for absolutely no reason). And let me interject here that he's not someone you want to shove ... he's heavily trained in various martial arts which he started at age 4. He calmly told him to take a few steps back and not to do that again. Terry then went to shake his hand and apologize and asked him if he'd take him to a bar ... I think you know what that answer was! He politely told him he should go back into the house and go to sleep. Then he again got into his face and told him he'd give him 50 bucks if he could lay him out. (Yes Terry was just looking for someone to fight ... it's what he does.) My neighbor informed him he doesn't fight and again told him to go inside. Terry went off yelling profanities and racial slurs along with all kinds of other uncalled for comments to which my neighbor just brushed them off his shoulder and held great composure (hands in pockets the whole time) and told him again to step back and go inside, words weren't going to do anything to him. That, unfortunately didn't shut him up! He kept spouting off his hateful words, and eventually got in his face again and shoved him again, and then again. All the time my neighbor kept his hands in his pockets and a level head which is exactly what an adult should do. But you can only be pushed so many times and have someone in your face totally disrespecting you ... so after the third push he layed him out. Nothing huge and exciting (for someone that would like watching a fight), he simply layed him out. It took him doing that THREE times before finally Terry somewhat backed down, and my neighbor made it back into his house, and we got Terry back into our house.

Of course getting him back into the house didn't stop anything, he still wanted to fight. He was in Bart's face saying horible things, but Bart really suprised me and stood his ground and didn't back up. (Go Bart!) He also go into my face, but pretty much stuck with Bart because Terry knows you get in my face I get in yours, and I know he wouldn't want to hurt me. (Unfortunately I can't calmly stand with my hands in my pockets) After over an hour of this FINALLY we get him calmed down, sitting on the couch ... eventually to fall asleep for the night! (Sometime during all that he took ALL of his blood pressure medication (which was about 25 pills). Spit out some ... but got most down. After researching it on the internet found out that amount wouldn't harm him, we gave up trying to get him to puke or go to the hospital.)

As soon as I could I shot an email off to our neighbor apologizing profusly. When I signed on to send the message I had one that said, "I think someone owes me 50 bucks lol!"


I'm off to sleep .... I hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home