As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Thursday, January 04, 2007

I don't need the drama

I woke up today (yes I did sleep SOME) came downstairs expecting Terry to still be sleeping it off ... but nope, he's up watching TV and on his computer. He looked to be sobered up, and he needed a shower! He didn't remember most of the night before ... so I kindly reminded him of the major parts. Over a time span of MAYBE 15 minutes he was out of control again ... he had been drinking and I didn't know, nor did I know where he got what he was drinking because last night he finished off all he had. I told him he needed to stop with the drinking and sober up, and went to my bedroom with Socrates hoping he'd do so.

Not so lucky ... he comes up to inform me that he was calling 911 on our neighbor, to which I said he was lucky HE didn't call 911 on HIM last night! I tried to reason with him, talk some sense into him ... but he was again too gone to care. I took a shower thinking it would wash it all away somehow ... but it didn't. I got out of the shower to hear yelling (Terry on the phone with the cops). Okay, not exactly yelling, but he was pretty loud! I asked him what he was thinking, our neighbor did nothing wrong, HE was in the wrong. Of course that pissed him off because one, I wasn't on his side, and two he was talking to the cops. I got mad, yelled so the cops could hear that he had drank around 6 GALLONS of liquor of the past few days and I couldn't take more. Then he said, "No, I'm not in danger ... that's just the psychotic lady who lives here" ... to that I responded loudly, "I'm the one in danger and I'm outta here". I grabbed my purse and left.

Straight to the neighbors I went ... I wasn't going to let the cops knock at his door without him knowing. I knocked on the door, and he opened it like he was going to crush whomever was on the other side ... I remember saying, it's me it's me! I don't know if he invited me in or if I invited myself in and just walked in or what ... but I got in his house. I was shaking, my voice was shaky ... he instantly knew something was wrong and made me sit down and tried to calm me down. I couldn't calm down ... I had to tell him, which I did. He shook his head, said he didn't need this (which trust me, he has enough stress right now ... he doesn't), and told me not to worry about it. He informed me he had a few run ins with Terry today and he couldn't take more. Especially the racial slurs in front of a diverse group of young children! That's something I don't tolerate either! I had no idea ... I apologized again and again just to be told it wasn't my fault. I told him if he needed the tape we had from the night (well morning) before he was welcome to it, I was on his side.

It didn't take long for the police to get there .... and how embarrassing to have cops at your house for all to see!! I was half afraid to leave the safety of where I was, but I stepped out the front door to inform the cops I was the owner of that house, but chose to be were I was. He smiled, said he'd be over shortly not to worry about anything. And he was ... he came over and told us Terry was heavily intoxicated (you don't say!) and our neighbor obviously had nothing to worry about, he had done nothing wrong. He told him how to press charges if he wished, etc. I told him the amount of alcohol he had consumed over the past few days and the pills he had taken. He took note of it all. He said to sit tight he was going to go back over and talk with him, etc. It wasn't long until he was back and told me he agreed to stay at a hotel for the night, wanted to take his laptop (which the cop wanted to verify with me it was his and he could take it). They had called a cab to take him to the Fairfield Inn. Very very nice guy!!

The cab took FOREVER to arrive, and Terry was extremely close to getting arrested because of his mouth, etc. Finally it got there and off he went.

Unfortunately it didn't end there! :( Bart and I talked with Mike for awhile, apologizing more of course ... then went to pick up my car (FINALLY) ... but I'll blog about that later. I got numerous calls from Terry, which I was not answering. Most he hung up, a few he left nasty messages. The bad thing is ... I could tell by the background noise he was in a bar!!! What bartender in there right mind would serve him?

After getting the car we went to Ruby's to eat ... I kept getting calls and messages, etc. He got kicked out of Champions, went to TGIF Friday's, got kicked out of there (once you get kicked out of one place in that shopping center, they call all the others to not serve you), went to Macaroni Grill which I had then had enough. Bart called and asked to speak with the manager, he explained the situation and asked they call him a taxi to take him to the Fairfield Inn across the street where he had a room. The guy was very nice and said not a problem, and also mentioned there were cops there, but told us not for Terry.

I felt better knowing he would be taken back to the hotel ... but uneasy because the calls ended. Needless to say ... another sleepless night for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home