As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happiness

Webster defines happiness as good fortune, prosperity, and/or a state of well-being and contentment. Sounds good to me!
I look back, and I know there were times in my life where there was happiness ... but those days are very few and far between now. Unfortunately finding happiness now doesn't seem possible.

I've always been told when you think your life is bad, look around you ... so I do. I see happy people! People shopping in the store, maybe by themselves or they may be lucky enough to have a child with them. They might be using a calculator to add all the items in there cart so they don't go over with there purchase, but they're happy. I see people running, walking, biking ... all happy. Kids playing outside (since the weather has been freakishly warm for this time of year) laughing ... happy. When I look around I see happiness in everything, but me.

I've been told many times (mostly from my Mom) that we can be happy if we choose so. We control our mood. If only that were true! I think those who truly know this to be not true are people who suffer from depression as I do. I can wake up in the morning, not wanting to get up because I don't want to face the world and keep telling myself I'm happy, things are fine, I'm going to have a wonderful day all I want, but I am still depressed.

Where I'm going with this I have no idea ... I guess I just felt like getting that of my chest or something.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking online for a better way to improve my skills in happines and I saw your post.
This is what I think you should do.. You have to recogzine everything that forms your life. Your family, job, relationship, hobbies, basicaly all the main things, good and bad. Then, accept that that is your reality. Then, you have to change whatever you're doing wrong, and I know is hard but you have to be patient, humble, and consistent.

The good thing is that you know you are depressed, there is a lot of people that don't know how miserable and depressed their lives are. All you need to do is exersise mentally your flaws, and practise everyday, even if it takes a while. You know that you can get out of this situation, because you already identified the problem, and the solution comes with it. Think of this crisis you're going through more like an opportunity to be the happiest.

Try to get along with everyone. If you see that someone smiles at you, smile back. If an opportunity to be a kind person comes up, don't loose it. Say thank you if someone opens the door for you, even if you don't know them. Practice anything you're good at, and if you don't like your job, look for another one and when you find it, then you quit your old one and go to the new one. Your job has a big influence in your life, if you are not happy where you work, you may drag all that negative force you build up at work everywere you go. If you like it, then just associate with your co-workers and talk about anything just like if they were your family. I don't if this can help but I drink coffee at work and I'm more hiper and social with everyone..

Ok I don't want to write some much. I thank you for your post because I feel like I realy tried to help someone, and That makes me happy even if you never read this. I wish you the best.
Don't forget that by practice you can be good at anything, even happiness.

Yours truly,
Ignacio
boogiedatoker@hotmail.com

1:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home