As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Saturday, December 16, 2006

It's almost that "wonderful" time of the year

This year has flowen by, I can't believe it's December, let alone mid December!! The weather has been mild, we haven't had snow (just a flurry), and it doesn't feel like Christmas is in slightly over a week! It might have something to do with our house being a Christmas free zone, no tree, not even a wreath on the door! I just couldn't do it, as much as I love decorating ... I couldn't do it. To think last year at this time, we were anxiously awaiting our picture and history of our daughter. She got an ornament (or two), gifts, outfits, etc. I know I personally looked forward to this year as a wonderful year. I thought it would be full of the laughter of a child, the pitter patter of little feet, and the joy of parenthood. I looked forward to decorating for the holidays, making cookies, sharing traditions, and making new ones.

Part of me wants to put up a tree and lights, and all the beautiful decorations I have, but then I'll just be reminded of all I don't have and thought I would have.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the weather, it definitely doesn't feel like that time of the year.
I don't know what to say about how differently this year has turned out from how you expected it to, but to say I'm sorry, I'm here for you to rant & rave at/with.

3:16 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

Love ya Casii ... after all the holiday crap is over we'll have to take a shopping adventure! :)

1:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home