As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a fan of Thanksgiving in the traditional sense. Everyone's always told me they feel sorry for the teacher who has my child (not that I have one) when they learn about the first Thanksgiving! :)

We (Bart, Terry, and I) left early this morning for my parents. We arrived in no time (I slept the whole way, so it was uber good time for me). Bryce was there, and my parents ... as I walked in Bryce was yelling there here, there here. Then he said, I lost. lol They had bet on who would arrive first myself or my sister. YES! We won ... I love winning! :) We didn't win by much though ... Brenda and family arrived probably 10 -15 minutes after we did.

My mom had made the same as every year ... enough to feed the whole town!! I made a turtle cheesecake, which was very good ... and got the seal of approval from Kaylie. My sister brought her famous pies ... Uncle Sams recipe! (As in Sams club) We had SO much food and it was all so good, as always.

This was the first year we forgot to go around the table before we ate to say what we were thankful for. Personally, I'm glad we forgot ... because honestly I had been struggling with what to say. Sad I know! I look around and see others who have a lot less, and much bigger problems ... so I should be thankful for what I have. Notice the word SHOULD! And it's not that I only think of myself ... it's just that I feel I've had such a tough year, it's hard to find things to be thankful for! But not to worry ... I decided that I am thankful for my friends, they've stuck with me through thick and then and without them I would not be here today. I'm also thankful I have a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in, and food to eat. We take too much for granted.

So thanksgiving went on without a hitch ... football and turkey (well for most).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home