As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Monday, November 13, 2006

Started the day off with a BANG

Seriously ... when I say bang, I mean BANG!!!!

I was awake, who knows why, and got a text message from a friend saying he needed a ride to work. If I had been sleeping as usual, I would have never hear the tiny beep of the text message. But I did, and being the friend I am ... I was off to save the day (PJ's and all).

So I get off at his exit, and coming up to the first light it turns yellow, I speed up (like anyone would do), and BAM ... right into the car in front of me. I guess nobody told him that yellow means speed up! Betcha he doesn't know it's not red until the first person stops rule either!

He was a real nice guy though ... I lucked out! He was probably around my age, and wondering why the hell I was in my PJ's ... but hey, what do you expect? So his car looks fine ... mine ... another story! And to put the icing on the cake ... my freaking airbag goes off on the passenger side (which there are sensors in the seat so it shouldn't have gone off at all since nobody was there) AFTER all was said and done!!! Talk about a BANG!!!! So there I am coughing as my car fills up with the smoky talc crap!

We both kinda just sat in our car ... getting over what happened. He turned around and gave me the okay sign and I nodded. Luckily he was okay ... I on the other hand hurt ... but was more shaken up than anything. We got our cars out of the intersection and into a parking lot where it was safer than being in an intersection. We exchanged info and he made sure (millions of times) I was okay. He even walked out into the intersection and got my front plate that didn't stay connected to the car. Not to mention he offered a few times if I'd like something to drink from Burger King (across the street).

I called Bart after it had happened and he was on his way. The man I hit, offered to stay until he got there ... but I assured him everything was fine and he went on his way. Shortly Bart showed up ... and took a look at Bob (you know, Bob the Saab ... does it surprise you I name my cars?) and said we were going to just keep it there because it shouldn't be driven. So he took me home where I continued to get more sore and stiff as the day went on. Not the day I had planned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home