As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Today's challenge is all about COLLECTIONS (thanks Casii)

What do you collect? Shoes, the decorative kind, not the kind you wear ... however, my husband would disagree!
How long have you been collecting? Beats me, I was little .... not sure of the age, early grade school I'd say.
What got you started? Good question! I'm not exactly sure what got me started, but it's the love for art and design that keeps it going!
Who got you started? My Grandmother. We were visiting her house, and I always loved this glass shoe she had on a shelf. I don't remember if I played with it ... or just admired it, but one lucky day I was told I could have it!
Do you display your collections, and if so, where do you display your treasures? Why collect something and not display them? Takes the fun out of it, if you can't share your love of something with others! Most of my collection is displayed (don't laugh) in my powder room on the main level of our town house. Okay, odd place for shoes .... but really it's not! That room TOTALLY rocks! I have a shelf that holds a lot of them, and of course a few towels with shoes, a hat box with a shoe (to keep extra TP in), etc. Then on the wall beside the powder room is two more shelves with some more. But you'll see them throughout the house here and there ... but the majority is there.
What does your collection/collections mean to you? For one, it's a connection with my Grandmother (who I very much miss). Who knows if I'd collect shoes if it wasn't for that first one?
Where do you shop to look for additions to your collections? eBay, card shops, craft stores. Anywhere that sells little "dust collectors" as my lovely husband calls them. I'd LOVE to finish my collection of Sandra Lyman Clough .... I only have Claudette! But now they're hard to find! :(


Okay, so I collect other things ... mainly Disney artwork! I LOVE the sketches! I love art, and to see the sketches of how it started is amazing to me. I guess my two collections kind of go together ... both show my love of art and design!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dust collector shops!?! Let me at Bart!

11:34 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

Give it to him Casii ...... GO CASII GO!

6:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home