As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Thursday, October 20, 2005

My very first baby shower

Jeepers did the girls at work throw a great shower for me! I was very anxious about this, but once I was there, it was all good.

I got off work, came home to let the dogs out and get my clothes, etc. Then went to Brenda's to get some sleep. Mom and Dad had gotten in the night before, so I sat and visited with them for awhile before heading up to bed. I took a shower then hit the hay. So couldn't get to sleep. I didn't have my pillow ... it was too quiet (I'm use to my fan running). Not to mention I just didn't feel good, and kept coughing. But I did manage to get an hour or two of sleep before getting up.

Mom and I were the first to arrive ... Beth lives very close to Brenda, I so could have slept more! :) It was nice ... SO much food!!! We had fruit, vegetables, chips, pretzels, dips, chocolate pretzel M&M things, cheese and crackers, pasta salad, yummy spinach pastries, sloppy joes, an apple dumpling type thing, and cake. I know I'm missing something .... there was TONS! Good thing we didn't eat before we left! Beth and Shanna really out did themselves!

Then there were the gifts ... wow!!! I felt kind of odd opening baby gifts, but such cute stuff!!!! The softest blankets, adorable outfits, and tons of great toys!!! And to think I still have more showers to go!!! What a lucky baby we will have ... spoiled!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home