As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Monday, October 10, 2005

There's one at every office

or in my case hospital ....

Why is there always someone that you can just look at and you feel yourself losing momentum? As you know, or maybe not ... I work nights in a hospital. There is ONE person, just ONE person out of all of day shift I hate giving report to. For one, she comes in and reprints her sheets with her assignment (like something has changed in the past 10 minutes or so). Then she meticulously checks them up and down .... as I'd think good 'ole St. Nick checks the naughty or nice list (and I hate to even put them in the same sentence). Then she'll check her work email, because we all know that's a must do first in the morning thing to do. All this time while everyone else is getting report ... everyone but HER!

So you guessed it ... this morning it was she who was taking my assignment, lucky me! So I sit ... I wait, and I wait, and I wait. I look at the clock it's not 7 yet, so TECHNICALLY she doesn't HAVE to get report yet. But geesh ... look around lady! So my pager goes off ... it's the ED, they need a treatment. Okay, I could have passed that onto her, but being the nice person I am I go and do it. When I come back it's after 7 so I go and pretty much force report on her ... because she wasn't ready to get it. So I tell her about this little old lady in the ED that I treated awhile ago. Told her about the stupid order, and how she needed another treatment IF we felt it necessary in 20 minutes and then another in 20 minutes ... both at our discrecion. After all treatments where finished she was to get an ABG. After telling her all about that, I told her she had expiratory wheezes after the treatment so she could benefit from another, but that would probably take care of it. "When was this treatment due?" I don't know ... 5 til 7, 7, 5 after 7 ... something like that, I'm not sure ... all said as I walk to a computer to look it up so she can know the EXACT time for goodness sake. Before I could answer ... she said in her nicest voice (sarcasm there) 9 minutes ago, then looks at the clock (straight up 7) then back at me. Okay, 9 minutes ago ... Give me a break. So now she's all mad because heaven forbid she has to go work before she can have a smoke break. I kind of wish I passed along the other treatment to her too ... but nah! I can guarantee she'll be talking to my lovely supervisor about me passing on work to her though. She's infamous for that!! And believe me, she's passed PLENTY onto me many times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home