As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Monday, September 20, 2004

Sunday feels like Friday

Since I worked the weekend and I'm off until Thursday today felt like Friday. (Sucks Bart has to work tomorrow, but I didn't bother asking him to stay home.) Beautiful day ... a little chilly, but sunny, with a little wind. Feels like fall! LOVE IT!

Work went well today ... I actually like working the weekend, I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but it was nice. I had a full assignment again today, but it was half of what I had yesterday since we were properly staffed. I spent most of first rounds (and then some) with a little lady that was in severe respiratory distress. Poor thing ... I think the nurses just made her more anxious running in and out in a panic not knowing what to do. Of course I kicked them all out informing them it wasn't a show to watch, and got things in order. Did a double neb with some extra oxygen bled in .... then had the dr. write an order. Bart couldn't believe I started things without an order, but I'm not going to wait when I can help. I told the nurse to give her lasix, but of course she waited for the dr. So when he came up I told him I think it's mostly fluid so he had the nurse give lasix. I did a gas during the treatment and of course .... metabolic not respiratory. Chest x-ray ... fluid! I don't know why nurses can't tell the different between congestive heart failure and a respiratory problem. But the lasix did the trick and she was doing much better the few times I went into check on her.

After that excitement it was SLOW. A lot of downtime, so I helped here and there. I actually like working days ..... 7-3. I actually wouldn't mind working that 3 days a week rather than nights. The day staff is much friendlier and more of a team than the night is. I MIGHT talk to them to see if I can do 7-3's and 3-11's. I know they're short on 3-11. But I wouldn't get my shift dif then.

Bart worked at the townhouse again, and cleaned here. He had a busy weekend!

We went out to eat at Barley and Hops for dinner after furniture shopping. It was our first time there, and will not be our last!!!! It was SO good ... the type of meal where you savor each bite! YUMMMMM Of course we got the beer sampler which was fun. It made for an enjoyable evening. It's been a long time since we've been out for a nice dinner like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home