As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Friday, July 27, 2007

What do I see when I look in the mirror?

When I look in the mirror, sometimes what I see staring back at me is the face of depression. Pretty much everyone that sees me thinks I'm just fine, I'm that happy go lucky person full of life. I've gotten so good at masking my depression with a smile so I don't have to answer the dredding question ... "what's wrong"? Some people might think I'm quiet, passive, lost in my own little world in deap thought ... but on the inside I'm in constent struggle to function. Most people don't understand what it's like to have depression, they think it's simply something you can snap out of, or the way you look at what life has delt you ... but in reality it is so much more. Depression is a disease, just like having high blood pressure; depression, is clinically a chemical imbalance where you can take medication to help. Not that I like taking medication daily, but it helps so I need to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home