As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A family visit

Today my Aunt Pattie and Uncle Bob brought my Dad over to my sisters. My mom came Saturday while my Dad stayed behind to see what was going on with my brother.

It was nice to see them as it's been a few years ... but as we sat and visited I couldn't help but feel so inadequate. Here we were at my sisters beautiful 4 bedroom home with a huge in ground pool, hot tub, and a pool house. Everyone kept going on and on about the house, how big it was and the whole, how do they keep up with everything, blah blah blah. Personally I don't see what's so hard ... the kids are 17 and 15 so they pretty much do for themselves. Brian owns his own business so it's not like he has a lot to do, and Brenda just opened a primitive craft store that's only open four days a week. What's so hard about that? I know it's not the easiest thing in the world ... but give me a break! And after hearing how great everything is, what am I suppose to say ... wanna come see my tiny apartment? I'm so sick of living in every one's shadow's!!! For once I'd like to be the one being bragged about. I'd like to have the cool house or store ... something! But I never see that happening.

Okay so I am jealous of her store as I wanted to rent the property to open my scrapbook store, but couldn't afford to do so. They wouldn't budge on the price of the lease, so the place set empty for over a year. Personally I think it sat empty giving Brenda time to get things together to open her little store. Don't get me wrong ... it's a really nice store, but I hate hearing about it merely because I was the one who mentioned opening my scrapbook store there and didn't get the opportunity. My store might have been a huge flop ... but at least I could have tried. It's not like I would have let anyone down ... I don't think anyone really expects me to do great things. I do feel wrong for feeling like I do. I wish I didn't, I wish I could go help her with her store ... make some cards and journals like she wants me to, but I can't. I hate it and I don't want anything to do with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home