As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Friday, July 20, 2007

Brian's in the hospital

I got an email today from my mom telling me that my brother was in the hospital. Great way to find out, huh? Brian and I aren't close, but still ...

He was diagnosed with Hepatitis A, which my mom said she hopes is a wake up call for him to get a job in the states. Even though he was vaccinated against Hepatitis A, B, and C he still got Hepatitis A. And the doctor told him that he had to have had it for about a year an a half because his body was already building up antibodies to fight it off!!!! Just think how many people he has come in close contact with in a year and a half that possibly wasn't vaccinated or had a suppressed immune system!!!

Luckily he was in the states when he got sick so he could be properly treated. The doctor said he will have to wait until later in August to go back to Chad rather than leaving Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home