As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Friday, July 06, 2007

Hair today ...

Yup, you guessed it ... I've had some hair woes lately. Rather funny woes I might add! :)
My mom decided when I came in I was going to get my hair cut (and I agree, it did need it). She was telling me all my choices of places to go from the swankiest of swanky place down to the beauty college. So what did I pick ... nope, you're wrong ... I went for none other than the beauty college!!!
Let me start out by telling you that I haven't had a hair cut in over a year, and my hair color was in need of some help as my roots were about an inch and a half to two inches and the rest of my hair was black. :) So off we go to the beauty college. I sit down and pick out my color and off she goes to mix it. She comes back, takes my hair down from the pony tail holder it was in, and realizes my hair is black with brown roots. She then goes and gets her instructor to find out how to color my hair. At this point I became a little nervous ... I knew how to do it ... I've been coloring my hair as long as I can remember! You can't go from a dark color like black, to a lighter color like auburn like I was wanting. The black would need stripped out before adding color, but who am I ... I'm not in beauty school nor am I a beautician, so I kept my mouth shut. (for once)

So there I sat as she applied this ketchup looking stuff to my roots ... I sat for 30 minutes and she came back with more mixture and added it to the rest of my hair ... keeping it on the roots. I sat for another 30, my head feeling like it's on fire! She comes back and we go to wash it out ... I really thought that when my hair was rinsed that my hair would fall out!!! Rather than losing my hair, I ended up with red roots (not auburn, but red) and the rest stayed black. Simply beautiful, let me tell you! :)

Then it was time to cut it ... she asked how I wanted it cut and I explained how long it had been and it really needed cut and thinned. So what did she do ... trim 1/8 off JUST the bottom!!! Ummm, ya!

When I went to the front to pay ... well, my mom paid (thanks mom) my mom looked at me like "WHAT?". When we got outside, she said, did they do anything?? I had pulled my hair back like it was when I went in so the roots weren't noticeable until I stepped into the sun. We had a nice laugh about it ... and planned to get it cut later in the week! Of course, I won't be going back to the beauty college!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home