As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

My high spead chase

Enough was enough, I asked Bart to come home early (after hinting to the fact MANY times). So he left work a big hour early to come home and relieve me of my duties of babysitting.
I had talked to Terry to try and let him know the options, since he couldn't get into see a psychiatrist, call other offices, call his primary doctor, go to the emergency room, go to a hospital that specializes in mental diseases ... but of course he was "fine". Still self medicating, but he would say "it's past, I'm over it". Sorry but being in his position before (minus the alcohol) I wasn't buying it ... I knew better!
So Bart comes home to try to talk him into the same thing I had been doing, but still he's not budging. His mom had called me (missed the call), and she had called Bart to see what was going on as she was worried. He told her everything that had been going on and she said she'd call him later in the day (this was morning) and talk with him. So that evening she did call, he was rude to her, hung up on her, she called back, and finally he talked to her. I also talked to her and let her know what had been going on. I was astonished to find out she was on his side when she told me not to do anything!!! I sort of went off, telling her this had been going on for X days, he's consumed X gallons of hard liquor, he was changing names on bank accounts, giving me directions on what to do, etc. All suicidal signs, besides point blank saying it. I proceeded to tell her that she wasn't here, she wasn't the one dealing with it day after day night after night. Sitting up to make sure everything was okay. She was more concerned about his upcoming court date and this making things worse!!! (He's already violated parole!) I told her IF she was here she would be making a decision between to things, having a son that could possibly do jail time, or not having a son at all. Pretty much after that I was finished talking!
Finally Terry said he'd go ... so off we go ... that is until we stop at the light off the exit ramp to the hospital ... Terry's door swung open, Bart grabbed his coat, he wiggled out, I jumped out the back, slammed him with the door (SO Charlie's Angels!!!!), and ran after him!!! The race was on! Bart called 911 to explain the situation, and you wouldn't believe how quickly the cops started showing up. City, state, out of the woodwork! I spotted him, stayed back, called Bart to tell him where he was. Shortly after that I started noticing people on foot surrounding him, and cops in the distance. I approached him .... gave him my sweatshirt as it was cold, and sort of held him so he wasn't getting away. Shortly thereafter, a couple cops showed up. VERY VERY nice man and women! They took him to the ER and we met him there. Once we got there he was in triage talking to a Dr., I stood back in the doorway so I wasn't intruding. Terry asked me to come in ... so I did. The doctor recognized me from work, we shook hands ... and he went on talking. Not much longer he was released. I stayed back to talk to Dan ... he said he had no grounds to keep him on, he wasn't presenting with any suicidal tendencies and said he didn't need help. I asked why he was discharged the last time, and he said he didn't know but was going to look it up .... so I sat down, and we looked at it, and pretty much ... he had a bad Dr. that didn't care, doesn't care about any patient that I've ever noticed, so he let him go when he should have stayed. Dan said he would have kept him. He apologized for not being any help, and wished me luck. So back home we went!
Is it any wonder why there are so many people with mental illness that aren't treated?? It's impossible to get them the help they need!!!!

Needless to say, I'm leaving for Baltimore ... I need a break!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home