As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hospital physical

The fun thing about getting hired at a new hospital is going through the whole physical and drug screening process!!! (UGH)
I have an appointment at employee health at 1:30. I get there around 1:.20ish, sign in ... and wait. Did I mention I had an appointment?? One would think if you have an appointment that would mean you would be seen prior to those who did not have an appointment ... am I wrong thinking this?? What's the use of even making an appointment when you're not seen until around THREE O'CLOCK!?!?! People would walk in and get there PPD's read, questions answered, while I sat, and sat, and sat. Even people who came in AFTER I did were seen prior to me!! Hello ... appointment here! Geez!

So after I was FINALLY called back, she went over the oodles of paperwork I had filled out, asked a few questions, fitted me for my respirator, then off to the bathroom I go to give my sample for the drug screen. Back into the office, stuck for my PPD, and then off to the lab I go! (No clue why they can't draw the blood there.)

So there I go, following the directions (I thought) I was given to get to the lab. Man what a big hospital ... I don't know if I'll ever find my way around it!!! I did find my way to the lab, after much wondering around ... but I made it AND was seen in a very timely manner. Very nice people there!

I'm then off to HR as I was instructed. I had tax forms, my official offer letter, etc to sign. I get there around 4:30 ... fill out the tax papers, and then they asked if I could just do the rest on the day of orientation since it was so late. Not a problem ... but I wish they would have at least taken my picture for my id as I was having a rather good hair day! :)
filled out tax forms in HR but didn't have time to do the rest, will do it on the 12th

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home