As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Monday, January 29, 2007

Terry's Court Date ....

This morning Terry had his final hearing for his DUI. I was a horrible friend and was not there for him ... I couldn't deal with it, with the possibility of what could happen.

The judge didn't have any record of his probation violations (isn't the court system great?) from when he got WAY out of hand and called the cops (drunk) and they made him leave for the night. (I'm pretty sure I blogged about that if you missed it)

So here is what his sentencing is:

  • 60 days of "home detention" ... he can go to work, AA meetings, therapy, and Dr. appointments. Other than that, he has to be at home. He gets the ever stylish ankle bracelet and has to have his own phone line that is not used for anything but his parole officer.
  • Two years probation. If he violates probation ONE time, he will have to serve one year in jail.
  • $400 fine

He got off uber easy for a FOURTH DUI, with violations! I just hope he's learned his lesson and straightens out his life!!! He has a good job where he can really progress, he needs to realize how easy he got off and take advantage of that! Hopefully he will!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

get this...my stepson...second DUI under the age of 19. Slap on the wrist and 6 months probation. that is after having 6 tickets including DUI and being in an accidnet. The courts aren't write. My stepson should be injail or no license. Your friend is so lucky.

5:49 AM

 
Blogger Abby said...

I don't get it ... What happens when they kill someone????? To me, that's partially the courts fault for being so easy on them! It's a pretty serious thing!!!!!!

6:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home