As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Interview went perfectly

Despite my nerves, my interview went on without a flaw. The human resources lady and I hit it off just as we did on the phone. We did more talking than interviewing. Then off to the respiratory department we went for me to talk with the night supervisor. She was a sweetheart, very nice and seemed to be one to be willing to go over and beyond to help in any way. She answered all my questions, and told me all about the different floors and units. Everything sounded so good, yet so different than what I am use to which is slightly scary. Respiratory pretty much has cart blanch, they can do the orders, change vent settings as seen fit, and they even intubate. Am I ready for that?? I've been at FMH so long I've lost all my skills and my brain has become somewhat mush. I hope it all comes back quickly and I don't make a fool of myself and let them down!!
I barely got in the door and my cell phone was ringing with a rather nice offer. Stupid here forgot the turn down the first offer rule and accepted it. But nonetheless, it's more than I'm making now and I'll be doing SO much more and feel better about what I do for a living.

So that's that ... shortly I will be back to being a full time, 12 hour night therapist.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I think that rocks,congrats ABBY!

Christina

11:54 PM

 
Blogger Becky said...

wooohooooo

5:28 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

Thanks ladies!

11:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home