As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Friday, November 04, 2005

New Doctor

So I get a phone call from my doctors office about my psychiatrist, she's severely cut her hours, and is only there on Tuesdays. Because of this, it's usually an hour wait to see her, blah blah blah. They said they wanted to call and give me the heads up since it's been over 6 months since I have seen her. They also mentioned a lot of her patients were switching to other doctors within that practice, but that was up to me. I've thought many times about switching, not because I don't like her, but because I'm not happy where I am (medically). So this was my chance ... so I did it. She's unfortunately the only female psychiatrist there, and I prefer female doctors, but trusted the lady on the phone and took her advice as to which one to switch to. (which she's not suppose to give advice ... so I didn't hear anything) So now I have an appointment Monday afternoon.

Of course when I tell Bart he's fine with the switch, agreed that maybe the new Dr. will be able to do something she wasn't, etc. But he was upset with the fact they waited until now to call when we scheduled the appointment last month! I could have gotten in to see this new doctor a lot sooner. But oh well ...

So now comes the anxiety ... freaking out about going now! Before I was fine, a little nervous, but at least I knew my doctor and was comfortable with her .... now I know NOTHING. VERY anxious about the whole thing. I just hope the anxiety doesn't keep me from going!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

It will be fine. Trust me. And you have us to talk you thru it. Shucks...I just need to give ya my phone number so you can call me when you start feeling anxious.

8:26 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

Heck, you'd be on the phone with me all the time Becky! :)

12:22 AM

 
Blogger Becky said...

That's okay. That's what friends are for ;)

2:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home