As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Saturday, November 12, 2005

National Pick On Abby Day

I swear somewhere this was announced!!! Perfect strangers were picking on me! What's up with that?

First Home Depot ... we had to go in to sign and pay for our new carpet. Okay, so we've dealt with the guy a few times ... but still. Some people walk by looking for a mirror and they point them in the right direction, then he quietly says ... they really need one! Okay ... funny! Then I look at Bart and said, I wonder what he says about us ... or something like that. Then he looked at Bart and said, well you really could trim that beard! THANK YOU! I've been telling him that for WEEKS!!! We both crack up. I on the other hand ... good hair day! He looks at me .. and I say, don't you even say anything about my hair! Then he said, Oh you're going for the I just got frightened look!!! Then Bart has to interject that I just had it done this week. To which Mr. I am the hair God said, you mean you paid for that? I said ... yup, 50 bucks and I want pink highlights too! He about died! So we then sign everything and proceed to the front of the store to pay. We get up there and he tells this rather cute (yet young) guy that I want to get pink highlights!!!! (The cutie said I could pull it off) Then he proceeds to go on about my hair. So by this time I had bitten my lip long enough, and said to the 4 people behind the counter ... Notice I haven't mentioned anything about HIS hair (and then do a comb over motion and mouth COMB OVER). They ALL die laughing ... Bart of course said, don't piss him off our carpets not installed yet ... I said but the papers are printed. :)
Enough play by play ... sorry, I tend to do that! And mind you ... it was all fun and games, only this man could get away with all he was saying.
So that was pick on Abby thing one. Onto thing two .... still Home Depot ...
After the whole comb over thing, someone said something about West Virginia .... you don't say bad things or make fun of WV around me. I was born and raised in WV and proud of it!!!! So I hear something said in a not nice way, and perk up and say, Excuse me ... I'm from WV and proud of it!!!
So there was pick on Abby thing two .... let's get out of Home Depot!
On to 7-11 to get a slurpee (STILL NO FROG, yet the have the Frog cups! SHYAM'S FAULT). We're checking out and the dude behind the counter makes a comment on my glasses ... how they're white on the inside and black on the outside. He compared them to the big psychedelic one's from the 60's that were orange or something. Of course then he said, don't get me wrong, I like them .....
Okay ... that was thing three!!!

What was up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home