As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Baby shower = Registering

First let me explain the difference between adoption and being pregnant.

There's the obvious, being pregnant people can noticeable see you are having a baby. You know the due date (even though things can happen, etc). You're always aware you're having a baby.

With adoption, if you don't tell people, they don't know. You have an IDEA of when you will get your baby but it's dependent on a lot of factors. You don't know the age, or size ... and most of all; no drugs are given! :)

During the adoption process you go through many feelings ... you get excited, then that wears off and then you're excited again, etc, etc. You go through feeling, "I'm having a baby" to .... it doesn't seem real. Because of this, everything (for me anyway) has been done in cycles ... the nursery was started when I was excited and it felt real ..... once the excitement wore off, I stopped working on that. Get the picture?

So when the question of baby showers and where are you registering comes up, I'm just dumbfounded!!!!! Now that we got the word that we could have our referral in a few weeks, I have to stop dragging my feet and get busy!!!

Last night Bart and I went to do some final deciding on some of the larger items that we'll register for (car seats, highchair, and pack n' play). We had already decided upon a stroller during the last bout of excitement. So now to just register ..... one good thing is, it can be done online! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I'm so excited for you guys.
hmmm....wonder what kind of online shower we could do ;)

8:53 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

oh hush Becky!

4:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home