As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Friday, September 23, 2005

Washington, DC

How sad is it that I live so close to DC, yet never go? I love DC ... walking around looking at all the monuments, people, and of course the Smithsonian Art museum. My favorite thing is DC at night ... I've only been there twice at night. Once shortly after my sister and her husband moved out here. We (my parents and I) came up to visit and we all went in to see all the Christmas trees. The other time was in high school when my humanities class came to DC, we went to see the monuments at night ... of course it was by bus ... we didn't get out. I'd love to someday walk around and visit them at night. To me, that's when they're most beautiful ... when you can really enjoy them as art forms.

Of course this will probably never happen, because I'm married to someone who is from this area ... DC isn't anything special to him because he could always go whenever he wanted, unlike me. He's not a fan of DC, and definitely wouldn't go at night. So, I'll have to just enjoy it at night in my memories!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home